This yucky winter weather isn’t going to last forever, right? I think we can all use a little bit of springtime in our lives right now. So today I have a fun 5 minute card project so we can all make some cute spring-inspired handmade thank you cards. I know I can certainly use a reminder that warmer weather will be coming soon!
These handmade thank you cards feature pretty pastel colors, a textured background, and popped up flowers with rhinestone centers. One of these cards is sure to wow your recipient and it only takes about 5 minutes to make.
This card features the Stampin Up Petite Petals Stamp Set and Punch Combo. I just love stamp sets that have coordinating punches. Makes things go much faster than having to fussy cut each image!
Want to make one of these cute handmade cards? Let’s get started! (A complete materials list can be found at the end of this tutorial.)
You will need to start by cutting your cardstock. For these thank you cards, I used pretty pastel colors (Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, and Blushing Bride). As with any project though, feel free to use whatever colors you would like
Time Saving Tip: For any card project, I find it easiest to do all my cutting right at the beginning. It saves time to only use the trimmer once.
For the card base, cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock to 8.5″ x 5.5″. Score the cardstock at 4.25 inches and fold in half to form your card base. So your card will be 4.25″ x 5.5″ in size.
For the card front, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 4″ by 5.25″.
For the scalloped banner pieces, cut the following sizes from cardstock:
- Wisteria Wonder – 1.25″ x 4″
- Pool Party – 1.25″ x 3″
- Blushing Bride – 1.25″ x 2″
Next you will need to stamp your “Thank You” sentiment in the lower right corner of your white cardstock. The thank you stamp I used is from the So Very Grateful Stamp Set and it was stamped with Wisteria Wonder ink.
Now it is time to emboss the white cardstock. I used my Big Shot to emboss the cardstock. However, but if you don’t want to invest in a die cut machine and you are only interested in embossing, the new Texture Boutique machine is a much more affordable option.
Use Snail Adhesive to mount the white embossed cardstock to your card base.
Next, grab your Petite Petals stamp set and stamp the dot patterned flowers on to a scrap of white cardstock. Stamp one flower from each of the following colors of ink: Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Blushing Bride.
Use the coordinating Petite Petals Punch to punch out the flowers.
Now use the Scallop Trim Border Punch to create your banners. Punch along the long edge of each 1.25″ strip on both sides to create the decorative border. There will be a partial scallop at the end of each strip. I just trimmed those off so it would be a bit neater.
Now adhere the scalloped trim banners to your card, starting with Wisteria Wonder on the left, then Pool Party, then Blushing Bride.
Use a Stampin’ Dimensional to adhere each of the flowers to the end of the same color banner.
Add a rhinestone to the middle of each flower for added sparkle and you are done! Quick and easy!
Supplies needed to make these handmade thank you cards:
- Wisteria Wonder Cardstock (Item # 122922)
- Pool Party Cardstock (Item # 122924)
- Blushing Bride Cardstock (Item # 131198)
- Whisper White Cardstock (Item # 100730)
Classic Ink Pads
- Wisteria Wonder Ink Pad (Item # 126985)
- Pool Party Ink Pad (Item # 126982)
- Blushing Bride Ink Pad (Item # 131172)
- Petite Petals Punch (Item # 133322)
- Scallop Trim Border Punch (Item # 118402)
- Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (Will be in the new catalog available June 2, 2014)
- Texture Boutique Embossing Machine or Big Shot Die Cut Machine
- Paper Trimmer (Item # 126889)
- If you purchase the Petite Petals Stamp Set and Coordinating Punch as a bundle, you save 15%!
- The three colors of cardstock I used are included in the New Colors Ink Pad and Cardstock Bundle set. You get 10 ink pads and 20 coordinating sheets of cardstock. The cost is less than the 10 ink pads – so it’s like you are getting the cardstock free! It’s a great way to add more colors to your collection.
If you make these handmade thank you cards, be sure to leave me a comment and let me know how they turned out. I would love to hear from you. Happy crafting!